Monday, June 6, 2011

Guess Whose Been Cooking?

I wanted to share with you an email from a community member. I hope this post encourages you and motivates you to keep living well in His name. Her email is a prime example of how we have to change our minds before we change our lives. Can We Talk?!  

A life of healthy eating and exercise requires a lifestyle change and discipline. Plain and simple. She was someone who did not like cooking. Now she is cooking, tracking calories, and exercising. Planning ahead is another key to consistency in healthy living. She is also including her children in her workout program. Having a workout partner helps you stay on track, motivated, and provides support and accountability.

If you have encouragement, recipes or testimony for others in our community please email me. I would love to hear about your progress. Having trouble staying focused, we want to help. Got questions? Email us Enjoy and be encouraged! 

Dear Aqua 

Guess who's been cooking (trying anyway)??? Cooked my lunch for tomorrow...Sweet chili shrimp w/ brown rice plus a banana for my desert...435 calories

For breakfast...my rendition of Starbucks protein plate...1 hard boiled egg, 1/4 of a granny smith apple w/ 1 tbsp of Jif omega-3 peanut butter, and 1/2 of a fiber one oats and strawberry with almonds bar...255 calories

Planned my dinner also...Marinated grilled salmon fillet and baked sweet potato slices with 1 tbsp of smart balance olive oil spread and a dash of cinnamon...380 calories

I have planned a healthy mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack totaling....174 calories.....For a total of 1244 calories. After my workout I will earn 293 calories...A protein muscle recovery shake and the other half of my fiber one bar will be 290 calories. If I stick to this workout plan and eating plan I will lose 5.8 lbs in 5 weeks.

Thanks for telling me about the myfitnesspal...it's the greatest. Got my son working out with me. We pray before each workout. He's trying to get in better shape before summer...he pushes me on the days I don't feel like it & I push him on the days he don't feel like it....and on the days that neither one of us feel like it...the Holy Spirit is pushing us...pray for us. And post more recipes...I kinda like cooking...

Luv ya...and keep on being a blessing! J
 
Dear J
 
This brings me great joy! Great joy! I am praying for you and your family. Love, love the calorie tracking. It is major to stay on target. And look at you and your baby....see what an impact YOU have on others! What a great legacy!!

I know this is just a snapshot, but looks like you need to add some plants to your diet. Remember your fruits and veggies! Make it easy on yourself and prepare lunch for the whole week. When I am really on my game, I cook 2 meals on Saturday or Sunday to last me for lunch and dinner for the week. Get those small containers and store it in fridge in servings that are ready to take, heat, and eat.

Your body is the temple of the Living God! Live Well in His Name! 

No comments: