Monday, May 2, 2011

Speaking of Royalty

God day Royalty!

When we first started this passion project we said that we would talk about everything related to what we feed our temples. Not only do we have to be fully aware of the natural food, but the spiritual food is as important to our overall healing, health and well-being. Can We Talk?!

This past week the world stood still (almost literally) as a prince married his princess. For those of you who know me, you know that I do not follow pop culture and celebrities. I did not follow any of the wedding news nor did I watch the royal wedding on television. It was 3 in the morning for goodness sakes! A girl needs her beauty rest. What was funny about this week is that my sister, (you have to know her to laugh at this) sends me a text at 0430 in the morning saying "text me when you get here, I saved you a seat at the Abbey". She wakes at 3AM EVERY morning.

What was not funny this week was watching the comments and commentary about the royal wedding from lips of faithful believers. I heard an onslaught of negative and critical comments from the bride's make-up to the best man's paternity. Oh my! What does THAT have to do with the wedding? As faithful believers we MUST have the eyes of God. We must see everything through the eyes of God and through the blood of Jesus Christ. We cannot look upon a beautiful event such as this (I'm told it was beautiful) and focus only on the negative. How can we behold such beauty and speak so critically? It's a heart issue.

When we accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ we are adopted into God's family as royalty. We are royalty and we should speak like royalty. How can we look upon the beauty of this wedding, where our Father and King was represented and not just be filled with joy? How could our eyes not be fixed on the wonder and beauty of His Majesty? It's a heart issue. The Word of God says that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. We need heart transplants. I know a God surgeon!

The royal couple offered this prayer to God.

"God our Father, we thank you for our families; for the love that we share and for the joy of our marriage. In the busyness of each day keep our eyes fixed on what is real and important in life and help us to be generous with our time and love and energy. Strengthened by our union help us to serve and comfort those who suffer. We ask this in the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Amen".

I know what you are probably thinking. Why are YOU NOW judging those who made the comments? A few years ago, I was convicted of having a critical spirit. I am being healed everyday so, the answer is I recognized my old self in these comments. I'm super-sensitized to critical comments, it's part of my healing process.

Before I always had to pick apart everything and everyone because nothing was ever good enough. Maybe I didn't feel good enough? What is certain is that I was looking through foggy dirty lenses, not through the eyes of God. I saw everything through own my pain, my past, and my life experiences. Good or bad. God wanted to heal that pain so I could see the beauty of His people and His world, making me more useful for Kingdom building. He wants to do the same for you. I meditated on this scripture to begin the healing process. When negative thoughts creep into your mind start reciting this scripture. Take those thoughts captive and begin to speak words that edify, support, and encourage.

Philippians 4:8 Brothers and sisters, think about the things that are good and worthy of praise. Think about the things that are true and honorable and right and pure and beautiful and respected.

The Message says it this way...Summing it all up, friends, I'd say you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

Some of you will read this post and think, that's not me. I'm not critical, negative, or judgmental. Others will read it and be convicted, not by my words, but by the power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in you.        

Your body is the temple of the Living God! Live Well in His Name!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

4 comments:

Keda said...

Beautiful sentiment and I agree wholeheartedly. I have noticed that our culture has shifted to a cynical, critical, sarcastic place where it's hip not to be positively moved by anything. I'm fighting against this everyday in myself and more importantly, my children. I'm trying my best to teach them everyday that it's okay to appreciate things. It's okay to be excited about things. It's okay to see the good in people and in life.

Thanks for this.

Aqua said...

Thanks sis! As we talk about healing the family and generational curses at HOPE we have to consider and be more sensitive to the fact that how we are impacts are little ones. We determine much of how they will view the world. It's a big responsibility.

Lady AL said...

Wonderful Aqua. What's so exciting, is that I know you and you know me. Hopefully by walking the talk and putting the Omnipotent's Holy Word in action, you, I, we can invite others into this blessed and glorious walk of santification towards our glorification. Remember what we were're taught by our Grandmothers, if you can't say anything nice about someone or thing, don't say anything at all. Agape!

Aqua said...

That's just it Al. Not everyone's grandmother or family members taught this. Instead we have passed down a legacy of speaking critically about people having often been spoken to this way ourselves. It is a perputual cycle that we have the power to end through our relationships with Jesus. Thanks for taking the time to be here!